May 25, 2013

Backpacking wish list: Lush



When I'm going on my backpacking trip next year, I can't take my usual hair care products. The bottles would take up way too much space, so I have to come up with an alternative. Well, I found the perfect solution: Lush.

Lush is a brand which uses mostly natural ingredients. This is great, but the best thing is that they sell solid shampoo bars which, according to Lush, last as long as three 250 ml bottles of conventional shampoo. If that's true, it is a great substitute for liquid shampoo when going on a 5 month backpacking trip. Also quite nice: Lush is known worldwide, so when I'm out of product I can easily pop by a store in Singapore to buy the same product again. How great is that?

There are quite a lot of different kinds of solid products and I'd love to try them all, but unfortunately Lush is extremely expensive. Since there is no Lush store nearby, I have to order online which means I need to add around €7- shipping costs. So you can imagine that the costs are pretty high in comparison to regular shampoo and conditioner. That's why I made a little wish list. Let's take a look...

Lush solid shampoo
There are many different kinds of Lush solid shampoo bars. Some of them can melt in hot weather, so these are useless when travelling in Asia. Furthermore some of the shampoo bars are suitable for dandruff or greasy hair, which I both don't have. So I selected two suitable shampoo bars which would be good for my hair and which I really would like to give a try:

Karma Komba
Lush Solid Shampoo: Karma Komba


This little green shampoo bar gives you a lovely wash with great lather and it leaves you smelling of Karma. Karma is the signature scent of Lush, which can also be found in the Karma soap. You either love it or you hate it, but I must say that I kinda like it. I am currently using the Karma soap and I would love to try this Lush travel shampoo bar. My hair tends to be a bit dry, so I hope this solid shampoo doesn't dry out my hair even more.

Seanik
Lush Solid Shampoo: Seanik
Seanik is a bright blue shampoo bar with seaweed to soften the hair. It also contains sea salt to give body. This ocean-inspired bar is made with Irish moss and nori seaweed, which give a lovely mineral rich gel that softens the hair. According to the comments, some people don't even need a conditioner after using Seanik, so I guess this one is pretty amazing. I want to give it a try!

Lush solid conditioner
Since my hair tends to be a bit dry, I really need a conditioner to soften the hair and to make it pretty and shiny. There's only one that doesn't melt in hot weather, so that's the one I'd like to try.

Big Solid conditioner
Lush Solid Conditioner: Big
This perfect lush travel conditioner contains sea salt, coconut oil, lemon, seaweed infusion, jojoba and lime juice to condition the hair and to make it shine. According to the comments it is a truly amazing product which makes the hair smooth and silky. That's exactly what I need, since I don't want to waste time untangling my hair after every shower.

Besides these hair products, Lush has a pretty nice collection of soaps. I must say that I don't really care which soap I use, as long as it smells nice. I already tried Miranda (sample size), Porridge (sample size), Honey I Washed The Kids and Karma. Maybe I'll order a bunch of samples from Ebay so I can try these soaps without having to purchase the full version.

Do you like or use Lush? Do you have any recommendations regarding products which are suitable for a 5 month backpacking trip?

Sources: 1, 2, 3
lush travel, travel lush, lush travel, travel lush, lush shampoo, lush shampoo bar

1 comment:

  1. LOVE lush soaps, thanks for the review. Btw, I got to visit Mr. Louis Vuitton's actual Paris home along with the LV trunk special workshop, check out this post with lots of juicy exclusive pictures, hope it PROVOKES you! ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/05/louis-vuittons-home.html

    ReplyDelete