May 19, 2013

Backpacking: the backpacking make-up bag

 
The stereotypical backpacking girl is often portrayed as a 'look, I didn't take a shower for a week' kinda girl with dreadlocks and an outfit that screams 'I don't care how I look because I am a backpacker and I'm freeeee!'. Now let me tell you that I'm not that kinda girl. I'm the girl that selects her outfit thoughtfully and puts on make-up almost every day. Not excessively, but the regular tinted bb cream, powder, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow (very natural though), and mascara seem to find my face every single day.
 
So now we get to the subject I would like to discuss: Do you take makeup on a backpacking trip? And if yes: which make-up do you take with you?


Now let me tell you that I have nothing against the stereotypical backpacking girls I just described: if it works for you, it works for you. That's fine. But to be honest: it wouldn't work for me. I feel a bit naked without make-up. That doesn't mean that I would want to take my complete make-up bag on my backpacking trip, but it means that I am going to take some essentials. I decided that I'm allowed to take five backpacking makeup essentials.


Essentials for me are: mascara, a small eyeshadow trio, eyeliner, blush and concealer.

My backpacking makeup essentials are mascara, a small eyeshadow trio with neutral colors, black eyeliner of eyepencil, a bronzer/blush (not the color in the picture) and some concealer. I'll probably won't use the eyeshadow en eyeliner for most of the trip, but it's nice to have it with me. When there's a party or when I'm going out, I can pamper myself with a nice make-up look. I look quite tired without any makeup, so the other items I will use on daily bases. Of course the look will be very very basic and natural: just a hint of mascara on the eyes, a little blush/bronzer for some color on the cheeks and some concealer to cover up some acne scars (which I unfortunately have).
All in all the complete makeup travel bag won't take a lot of place in my backpack, so I am definitely taking these five key products with me.

Of course there are also other items I can't go without on a trip. So the following items will also go into my backpacking makeup bag:
- Facewash
- Moisturizer (I use the same one for day and night)
- Suncream

Furthermore I need shower items like shampoo, conditioner and a bodywash/soap. I will probably go for solid ones from Lush. I'll review these on the blog, so stay tuned.

Do you have any makeup travel essentials? Please tell me in the comments.

pic 1 via here
make up backpacking, makeup backpacking, makeup travelling, makeup travel bag, makeup travel case, travel makeup

1 comment:

  1. I think I would take some essentials too, just to be able to dress up in case a nice party comes along. I am curious about the review on the Lush products. :)

    ReplyDelete