Today's recipe is.... Homemade tomato soup with basil
- 750 grams of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp oliveoil
- 1,5 stock cube (to make 750mL of stock)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp of paprika powder
- fresh basil
|Little ingredients, big flavours|
1) Make a stock by dissolving 1,5 stock cube into 750mL of water.
2) Dice the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Chop chop!
3) Put the onions and garlic in the pan and bake it shortly, very shortly. They shouldn't change color.
4) Add the tomatoes and paprikaand bake it for 5 minutes on medium/high heat while stirring.
5) Add the stock and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
6) Take the hand blender and blend all ingredients into a nice soup. Then force it through a sieve so you can get rid of tomato seeds and peel.
7) Season the soup with some salt & pepper and serve it with some freshly chopped basil.
|Tomato soup as it should be: fresh and delicious|